I make my livelihood in conversations with people about what’s most important and most energetic in their lives. This usually translates to their work or professional life but discussions often include the fullness of their experience.
I engage with clients about what challenges, frustrates, and excites them, about what gets them out of bed in the morning and what keeps them up at night. Goals, aspirations, hopes, dreams, as well as fears and anxieties; all that it means to be a human being.
I listen and I notice. I ask questions and I make observations. I get interested in my clients, curious about what they say and how they say it. I teach simple and immediately applicable models and concepts. Ways of being useful both at work and at home.
In twenty-five years in this profession I have coached entrepreneurs, business founders, senior executives, rising stars, and workplace teams. More often than not I work with those in leadership roles or soon-to-be leaders. As well I coach individuals in job, career, and stage-of-life transitions.
People in such transitions may find new employment, make a career shift, or choose a new direction on their personal and professional journey. These decisions are more significant as we age, a life or career shift at thirty is different than forty and of a different magnitude at fifty and beyond. With people living longer and working later into life such changes have become more the norm.
We live in uncertain times and the pace of change is often disorienting and unsettling. Advances in technology affect our behavior in unpredictable ways. Leaders must master their own growth and development while having the skill set to artfully manage and inspire key staffers and team members. It’s complicated.
As a practitioner of this craft I am in your corner, providing clear and articulate speaking, sharp and critical thinking, and compassionate and non-judgmental listening.
What to Expect from a Coaching Engagement:
• Clear priorities - Understanding what’s most important.
• Better decision-making - Decisions made in less time with less pain.
• Becoming attuned to the impact of your speaking and listening, of your presence, of how your behavior affects others.
• Learning the skills of Emotional Intelligence including self-awareness, self-regulation, social awareness, and empathy
• Understanding and mastering both Strategic and Intimate (interpersonal) Skills. Skills to enhance your competency and dexterity in interactions with all levels and hierarchies of a workplace system; supervisors/managers, peers and colleagues, direct reports.
• Understanding the value and importance of an Optimistic stance.
• Developing your unique voice and authentic presence.
• Learning to work with resistance, yours and others.